P1715 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1715 Code failures by brands
P1715 INFINITI, NISSAN: INPUT SPEED SENSOR (TURBINE REVOLUTION SENSOR)
Description of DTC code P1715
The Turbine Revolution Sensor is an actual turbine shaft speed device, which provides a reading of the turbine RPM at any time it is rotating. This data is used by the Transmission Control Module (TCM) to determine the ratio of the transmission versus the Output Shaft Speed (OSS) sensor. Also, the TCC (Torque Converter Clutch) slip can be determined with this.
The Diagnostic code P1715 OBDII is set when the Turbine Revolution Sensor signal is different than the expected value based on the ECM from the Revolution Sensor signal (TCM output) and the Engine RPM signal.
Symptoms of fault code P1715
- The Check Engine light turns on.
Causes of OBD2 P1715
The P1715 OBD2 fault code is set for one of the following reasons:
- The CAN communication line harness or connectors may be open or shorted.
- The Turbine Revolution Sensor wires or connectors may be damaged.
- The Turbine Revolution Sensor may be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1715
To troubleshoot the DTC P1715 OBDII code, try this:
- Consult Technical Service Bulletins.
- Inspect and check the condition of the CAN communication line wiring related to the sensors of this code. If you discover common deficiencies, make the appropriate repairs.
- Verify that the Turbine Revolution Sensor circuit has no damage to its wiring. Also, check that this circuit is not shorted or open. If you find some damage, make the necessary repairs.