P1664 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1664 Code failures by brands
P1664 FORD: INJECTION PUMP CONTROL MODULE FAULTY
Description of DTC code P1664
The Fuel Pump Control Module controls the voltage that is sent to the car's fuel pump. Therefore, by controlling the voltage, the module can maintain optimum fuel pressure and fuel delivery to the engine throughout its operating range.
On an ongoing basis, the Fuel Pump Control Module goes through several self-tests. If in one of these tests a malfunction is detected by this controller, the fault code P1664 OBD2 will be set.
Symptoms of fault code P1664
- Check Engine light ON.
- Problems with the fuel supply.
Causes of OBD2 P1664
Reasons for setting the P1664 OBDII diagnostic code:
- The Fuel Pump Control Module wires may be bad.
- The Injection Pump Control Module circuit may be faulty in one of its connections.
- The Fuel Pump Control Module may be damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1664
To solve the P1664 OBD2 DTC, consider the following steps:
- First, consult the TSBs.
- Check all the Injection Pump Control Module wiring and check for any deficiencies caused by burns or wear. If such a condition is found, make repairs.
- Measure voltages related to the Fuel Pump Control Module circuit. Compare the actual voltages to those specified by the manufacturer in their specifications. If you detect inconsistencies with the voltages, make adjustments accordingly.
- If you do not discover deficiencies in the wiring or other components of the Fuel Pump Control Module circuit, visit an advanced automotive center.