P1624 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code P1624 Generic
The Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) is a signal used in computerized engine management systems. Its function is to indicate when one of the systems is experiencing a fault. It is installed on the instrument panel and includes the engine legend and when illuminated, it is usually red or amber color.
The MIL is of two types: constant illumination indicating minor faults and flashing illumination to indicate more serious faults. When this lamp illuminates, the engine control unit sets a DTC related to the problem or malfunction.
The P1624 OBDII code is set by the Engine Control Module when other codes are detected on the Transmission Control Module (TCM). The TCM requests the ECM to activate the Malfunction Indicator Lamp.
Symptoms of fault code P1624 Generic
- Check Engine light illuminated.
- Transmission exhibits erratic performance.
- Problems starting the engine of the car.
- Problem with gears.
- Unstable engine.
- Low voltage and voltage.
Causes of OBD2 P1624 Generic
The reasons for the OBD2 P1624 fault code being set are:
- TCM or transmission malfunction codes may be set.
- The Engine Control Module may have deficiencies.
- Defect in the OCV (Oil Control Valve).
- Short circuit in the VCT (solenoid valve).
- Dirty or low oil level in the engine.
- On-board computer damaged.
- PCM error.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1624 Generic
To give you the solution to the P1624 OBDII diagnostic code you should do the following advices:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- With the use of a scan tool verify if there are other DTCs stored in addition to P1624, especially those related to Transmission Control Module Diagnose and correct these codes following the order displayed by the scan tool.