P1610 - FAULT CODE P1610 - OBD2
P1610 Code failures by brands
P1610 INFINITI, NISSAN: LOCK MODE
Description of DTC code P1610
Modern vehicles have an electronic device called “immobilizer”. It prevents the engine from running unless you have the correct key. A micro-circuit inside the key is activated by an electromagnetic field that induces current to flow inside the key body, which in turn emits a binary code or ID that is read by the ECM (Engine Control Module). If the ECM determines which coded key is current and valid, the fuel injection sequence is activated.
The Vehicle Immobilization System (IVIS on Infiniti vehicles) or the Anti-Theft System (NATS on Nissan) includes:
- The NATS ignition key.
- NATS antenna amplifier.
- The BCM (Body Control Module) or IMMU
- The ECM (Engine Control Module).
- A safety indicator light.
Fault code P1610 OBD2 is set on Infiniti and Nissan vehicles. This happens if the key that starts the engine is not programmed or damaged, creating a lockout condition.
Symptoms of fault code P1610
- Check Engine light on.
- The engine does not start.
Causes of OBD2 P1610
The reasons why the DTC code P1610 OBDII is configured are
- The ignition key may have programming errors or be defective.
- The antenna of the immobilizer may be defective.
- The Engine Control Module may be in poor condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1610
To solve the diagnostic code P1610 OBD2, you must do the following:
- See the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check if other error codes are stored that indicate immobilizer system failures. Diagnose them in the order shown on the scanner,
- In some vehicles, you must disconnect the vehicle battery for about 30 minutes and then try to start the engine with a pre-programmed key.
- If after performing the above steps the problem continues, it is necessary to program the keys and delete the code.