P1607 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1607 Code failures by brands
P1607 ACURA, HONDA: POWERTRAIN CONTROL MODULE INTERNAL CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION
Description of DTC code P1607
The PCM (Powertrain Control Module) is an essential component used to regulate engine operation. It is combined with a control unit called the ECM (Engine Control Module) or ECU (Engine Control Unit) and the TCM (Transmission Control Module). Thus, it controls all the internal systems of the vehicle.
The PCM uses an integrated, computerized system with which it can control the timing and duration of fuel injection, camshaft timing, ignition timing, PCM backup functions, and other features. This module also performs some self-tests to verify if the module is working wrongly.
The P1607 OBDII diagnostic code is a code used by Honda and Acura manufacturers to indicate that the Powertrain Control Module has detected faults in its internal circuitry.
Symptoms of fault code P1607
- Check Engine light turns on.
Causes of OBD2 P1607
Reasons to set the P1607 OBD2 fault code:
- Powertrain Control Module electrical components may have damage.
- PCM may be faulty.
- The Engine Control Module may be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1607
To troubleshoot the DTC P1607 OBDII code, try this:
- First, we recommend you consult the Technical Service Bulletins. These will guide you and avoid making unnecessary changes or repairs.
- Use a scanner to check if in addition to P1607 there are other fault codes. In this case, diagnose them following the order indicated by the tool.
- Check the PCM connections to verify that they meet the conditions for proper system performance. In case you find worn or burned wires, make the appropriate repairs.
- To check the integrity of the PCM and ECM, we recommend that you visit an advanced automotive center before performing any reprogramming or replacement.