P1600 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1600 Code failures by brands
P1600 AUDI, SUZUKI, VOLKSWAGEN: ENGINE CONTROL MODULE SUPPLY VOLTAGE LOW FROM IGNITION SWITCH
Description of DTC code P1600
The ECM (Engine Control Module) is a controller that can be named as an analysis unit, which receives and processes data from the engine, brake, transmission, suspension, and other electrical systems. To carry out all these supervisions, the module is aided by sensors and other electrical devices. They inform in real-time about the behavior of the monitored components.
The Engine Control Module receives positive voltage from the battery even when the ignition switch is off. This is used for the DTC memory and adaptive air/fuel ratio control value memory. In case some problems are found with the positive battery voltage, the fault code P1600 OBDII will be stored.
Symptoms of fault code P1600
- Check Engine Lamp ON.
Causes of OBD2 P1600
The P1600 OBD2 diagnostic code is stored for the following reasons:
- The Engine Control Module cables may be damaged.
- The ECM circuit may have inconsistencies in some of its connections.
- The Motor Control Module may be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1600
To troubleshoot the P1600 OBDII DTC, follow these suggestions:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Use an automotive scanner and check if other codes are set along with DTC P1600. These codes might indicate problems with the ECM. Diagnose them in the order they are displayed.
- Check the ECM-related wiring for deficiencies caused by burns or wear. If one of these conditions is detected, make adjustments.
- Check for corrosion damage or other conditions at the Motor Control Module circuit connections. Repair if necessary.