P1592 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1592 Code failures by brands
P1592 SUBARU: NEUTRAL POSITION SWITCH CIRCUIT - MT MODEL
Description of DTC code P1592
The neutral position switch is a vehicle safety feature whose function is to prevent the engine from starting unless the system gear is in the Neutral or Park selector. Through this switch, the starting circuit is deactivated, whenever the system is running.
Although the neutral switch is generally installed on vehicles with automatic transmissions, certain cars with manual transmissions also have this switch. In the latter, the switch, also known as a clutch safety switch, is located on the clutch pedal. The installation of the device allows the vehicle to be started only if the pedal where it is located is depressed.
DTC P1592 OBDII on Subaru vehicles is set when the erratic operation is detected in the neutral switch circuit.
Symptoms of fault code P1592
- Check Engine lamp illuminated.
- Difficulty starting the vehicle.
Causes of OBD2 P1592
The P1592 OBD2 diagnostic code is set for one of the following reasons:
- Neutral position switch wires may be faulty.
- The neutral position switch may not be set correctly.
- The neutral position switch may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1592
To troubleshoot the P1592 OBDII fault code you must do the following:
- As a first step consult the TSB (Technical Service Bulletins).
- Inspect the neutral switch circuit wiring and connections to check for common deficiencies. Repairs conditions caused by corrosion or wear.
- Using appropriate tools, rule out any open or shorted circuits in the neutral switch circuit. If obvious faults are found after these checks, make the appropriate corrections.
- Check the integrity of the neutral position switch as well as the neutral position switch installation. Refer to the diagnostic steps for this purpose and if the damage is discovered, make the appropriate adjustments.