P1570 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code P1570 Generic
The Traction Control System is designed to prevent loss of traction of the vehicle’s drive wheels. It is initiated when the engine torque and the throttle input are at variance due to road surface conditions.
Through the Traction Control System, the braking applied to several wheels is reinforced, the spark sequence of a cylinder is reduced and the amount of fuel sent to one or more cylinders, the throttle is closed. In turbo vehicles, a solenoid is initiated, which reduces the boost, therefore, the engine power.
Manufacturers such as Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC use the P1570 OBDII diagnostic code to indicate that during engine operation and with Cruise Control enabled, the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) detected that the Traction Control System was activated.
Symptoms of fault code P1570 Generic
- Check Engine light ON.
- Wrong performance of the cruise control system.
Causes of OBD2 P1570 Generic
The P1570 OBD2 fault code P1570 is stored for one of the following reasons:
- There may be common damage to the cruise control system wires or connectors.
- The cruise control system circuit may be shorted.
- Cruise control may be damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1570 Generic
These are the steps to solve the DTC P1570 OBDII code:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- By using a scan tool, check to see if any other DTCs are stored that refer to Cruise Control If you detect such codes, diagnose them according to the order indicated on the scan tool.
- Check all the electrical components of the Cruise Control System and verify that none are damaged by corrosion, wear, or burns. Repair or replace as necessary.
- Perform voltage tests on the cruise control circuit and check for an open or shorted circuit. If you detect such conditions, make repairs.