P1556 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1556 Code failures by brands
P1556 MINI, BMW: CAMSHAFT POSITION ACTUATOR 'A' CONTROL OPEN CIRCUIT BANK 1
Description of DTC code P1556
There must be a synchronization between the crankshaft and the shaft to achieve maximum engine efficiency. Regarding the crankshaft, it turns the linear movement produced by the piston into rotation. The camshaft adjusts the performance of the valves that regulate the passage of the air/fuel mixture. At certain moments of the piston stroke, these valves open and close to send the mixture and gases. This process is monitored and controlled by the camshaft actuator.
The Diagnostic Code P1556 OBDII is stored due to the detection of an open circuit in camshaft actuator A corresponding to bank 1.
Symptoms of fault code P1556
- The Check Engine light turns on.
Causes of OBD2 P1556
The P1556 OBD2 fault code is set for the following reasons:
- The wiring related to the camshaft actuator A may be damaged.
- The camshaft actuator A electrical circuit may be faulty in its connections.
- Damage to camshaft actuator A possible.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1556
Steps to troubleshoot the OBDII DTC P1556 are as follows:
- Consult the TSBs.
- Check all the wires associated with the camshaft actuator A and check for the burnt or worn condition. Repair or replace if necessary.
- Check the integrity of the camshaft actuator circuit connections A. If corrosion or connection deficiencies are found, make the appropriate adjustments.
- Check the camshaft actuator A for compliance with factory specifications. Follow the guidelines to verify the integrity of the actuator and if you determine that the actuator is damaged, you may replace it.