P1529 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1529 Code failures by brands
P1529 HYUNDAI, KIA: TCM MIL ON REQUEST SIGNAL
Description of DTC code P1529
The TCM (Transmission Control Module) is a module that is responsible for reporting to the ECM (Engine Control Module) data related to the operation of the transmission and transmission components. Basically, the function of the TCM is to help or contribute to the transmission to choose the best gear according to the conditions of a given moment. This increases fuel efficiency as well as engine power.
On certain occasions, the TCM may request that the MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) be activated via a communication line to the ECM. This light is a warning light to indicate engine or in this case transmission problems.
The P1529 OBDII fault code is a code that Hyundai and KIA vehicle manufacturers use to indicate that the TCM has requested the MIL light to illuminate due to transmission problems. This code will usually be accompanied by other DTCs.
Symptoms of fault code P1529
- Check Engine Lamp illuminated.
- Unstable transmission operation.
Causes of OBD2 P1529
The reasons for which the P1529 OBD2 diagnostic code is stored are:
- Other transmission DTCs may be stored.
- The transmission may be faulty in one of its components.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1529
The steps to resolve the DTC P1529 OBDII are as follows:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins. The manufacturer may know the solution to this code.
- Use an automotive scanner to obtain all the problem codes. In this case, you should see codes that indicate transmission faults, which you should diagnose and correct. Note that all scanners do not read TCM codes, so make sure that the one you are using can do so.