P1525 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1525 Code failures by brands
P1525 BMW, MINI: CAMSHAFT POSITION ACTUATOR 'A' CONTROL OPEN CIRCUIT BANK 1
Description of DTC code P1525
The rotation between the camshaft and crankshaft is synchronized to achieve optimum engine performance. The camshaft regulates the operation of the poppet valves, which are intended to control the flow of the fuel mixture and exhaust gases. The crankshaft is responsible for transforming the linear motion of the piston into a rotary motion. At certain points, the valves open and close in the stroke of the piston, and thus, the mixture and gases are transferred. The camshaft actuator ensures that this process is synchronized.
The actuator is located at one end of the camshaft, it reduces or increases the closing and opening of the poppet valves. To achieve this purpose, it uses commands sent from the Engine Control Module (ECM). In case an open circuit is detected in the camshaft actuator A for bank 1, the fault code P1525 OBDII will be stored.
Symptoms of fault code P1525
- Check Engine light ON.
Causes of OBD2 P1525
Reasons for storing the OBD2 DTC P1525:
- Camshaft actuator A cables or connectors may be in poor condition.
- Camshaft actuator circuit connections A may be faulty.
- Camshaft actuator A may be damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1525
To solve the P1525 OBDII diagnostic code, try this:
- See Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check the A camshaft actuator wiring harness, and check for conditions created by burn or wear points. If one of these is found, make corrections as required.
- Measure the voltages in the camshaft actuator circuit A, and check to see if the voltages are within the stated ranges. If out-of-range voltages are found, make appropriate repairs.
- Check the camshaft actuator A for damage. To do this, follow the diagnostic steps outlined by the manufacturer. If inconsistencies are detected, make the necessary adjustments.