P1524 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code P1524 Generic
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) learns the throttle closed position once the ignition is set to LOCK. When the throttle is in the closed position, it is always corrected to zero degrees. This correction is performed in order to allow deposits to build up on the throttle valve.
When the ignition is turned to LOCK, the PCM performs a Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) learning test. If a correction factor occurs in two consecutive key LOCK cycles, the TPS is corrected to zero degrees using the learned correction factor.
P1524 OBDII fault code is stored on Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, and GMC vehicles when the value needs correction by more than 6.8 degrees, and this condition is interpreted as a performance problem.
Symptoms of fault code P1524 Generic
- Check Engine lamp illuminates.
- Acceleration has limits.
- Engine experiences varying levels of stalling.
Causes of OBD2 P1524 Generic
The reasons for setting the P1524 OBD2 diagnostic code are:
- Throttle Position Sensor or throttle body wires or connectors could have been damaged.
- The throttle body could have carbon buildup.
- The throttle body may have been damaged.
- The Throttle Position Sensor could be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1524 Generic
To troubleshoot the DTC P1524 OBDII code you must do the following:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Verify with a scanner if codes such as P0121, P0122, or P0123 are stored. If so, repair these codes first.
- Inspect the throttle position sensor wiring and throttle body. If you discover deficiencies in one of these that cause a short circuit, make the appropriate repairs.
- Check the throttle body for high levels of carbon build-up in the throttle body deposits. In this case, it is necessary to carry out the due maintenance.