P1519 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1519 Code failures by brands
P1519 BUICK, CADILLAC, CHEVROLET, GMC: THROTTLE ACTUATOR CONTROL MODULE INTERNAL CIRCUIT
Description of DTC code P1519
The Throttle Actuator Control (TAC) contains essential data for proper throttle performance. This module continually tests the integrity of this data, and in conditions where it is not possible to read or write data to and from Random Access Memory (RAM), or if the module fails to properly read information from flash memory, a DTC will be set to warn of this situation.
The P1519 OBDII fault code is set by the Engine Control Module when a loss of TAC data is detected or even if the data is invalid.
Symptoms of fault code P1519
- Check Engine light illuminated.
- Little or no throttle response.
- Problems with gears.
- Unstable engine.
- Voltage drops off the vehicle.
Causes of OBD2 P1519
The reasons that cause the P1519 OBD2 fault code to be set are:
- The battery charge level may be insufficient.
- Throttle Actuator Control Module wires or connectors may be damaged.
- The Throttle Actuator Control Module could be damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1519
In order to correct the P1519 OBDII diagnostic code consider the following:
- As a first step make consultation of the TSB. The information contained in these will save you time and unnecessary repairs.
- Verify that the battery voltage is adequate for the proper functioning of the different electrical systems of the vehicle. Generally, this should be at least 12.75 volts. If this is not the case, make the necessary corrections.
- Inspect the condition of the throttle actuator control module wires and connectors and check for common damage. If corrosion or wear is found on one of these, make repairs.
- Check that the electrical values of the Throttle Actuator Control Module are as indicated in the vehicle's service manual. If you detect inconsistencies, check the integrity of the wiring or the module itself. Correct it as applicable.
However, it is recommended that if you do not know anything about mechanics, you go urgently to the nearest mechanic workshop in your city and let an expert in the sector be the one who put solution and corrects this code of your car. If, on the other hand, you have the necessary knowledge to fix this fault, you can use some tools such as a certified OBD2 meter that will help you remove this message or alert from your vehicle's dashboard. Get the most suitable model for your vehicle.