P1462 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code P1462 Generic
The air conditioning system is part of the comfort provided to the vehicle occupants. Its purpose is primarily to cool the interior of the car, ensuring a cooler and more comfortable ride. It should be noted that the vehicle air conditioning system does not generate cold air in the vehicle, like other types of air conditioning systems, it cools the air that is already in the car, it does not produce it.
For a good operation of the air conditioner, there are many components involved in its testing. One of these is the air conditioning pressure sensor, which is located on the high and low sides of the system. This safety element controls the refrigerant pressure on their respective side of the system. With the monitoring of this, various failures that may experience the air conditioner, which in turn affect the compressor are sought.
The P1462 OBDII diagnostic code is set on Ford, Lincoln, Mazda, and Mercury vehicles when there is an erratic operation of the air conditioning pressure sensor, where the air conditioning circuit has voltages below the allowable levels.
Symptoms of fault code P1462 Generic
- Check Engine lamp illuminated.
- The air conditioning system turns off and on quickly.
- The AC system fails to cool the vehicle.
- The air conditioning compressor does not work.
Causes of OBD2 P1462 Generic
DTC P1462 OBD2 is set for one of the following reasons:
- Air Conditioning Pressure Sensor wires may have been damaged.
- Air Conditioning Pressure Sensor circuit may have deficiencies resulting in an open circuit.
- The Air Conditioning Pressure Sensor may be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1462 Generic
The steps to follow to correct the P1462 OBDII fault code are:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Inspect all the wires of the Air Conditioning Pressure Sensor and verify that they have no common damage. Repair if you detect any deficiencies on the part of these components.
- Check that the Air Conditioning Pressure Sensor circuit is not open due to faulty electrical connections. If you do not find faults in these, suspect a sensor in bad conditions, which should be diagnosed following the steps indicated by the manufacturer