P1457 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code P1457 Generic
The Evaporative Emission Control System (EVAP) temporarily stores fuel tank vapors and prevents they escape into the atmosphere, and instead, they are sent to the engine through the intake manifold vacuum, and subsequently being burned.
EVAP has a leak detection system, which provides better accuracy and frequency of detection in determining the component failure and steam leakage from each system member. The EVAP system is divided into two parts. One of them is the EVAP container side, which consists of the EVAP two-way valve to the bleed valve, and the other side is the “Tank Side”, which runs from the EVAP two-way valve to the fuel tank.
The fault code P1457 OBDII Honda is a manufacturer-specific code, which is set when a small leak is detected in the EVAP system.
Symptoms of fault code P1457 Generic
- Check Engine lamp illumination.
- There are strong odors of fuel.
Causes of OBD2 P1457 Generic
The reasons to set the DTC code P1457 OBD2 in Honda vehicles are the following:
- The fuel cap may be wrongly installed.
- The fuel filler cap may not close totally.
- The EVAP purge control solenoid may be in poor condition.
- Possibly, the Evaporative Emission Control System vessel is damaged.
- The fuel tank pressure sensor may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1457 Generic
To solve the failures of the diagnostic code P1457 OBDII for Honda, you must take into account the following steps:
- As a first step, it is advisable to consult the TSB (Technical Service Bulletins). These contain useful information from the manufacturer for diagnostics.
- Check the fuel cap for damage that would prevent proper fit. If you determine it is defective, replace it.
- Check the wiring harness of the EVAP purge control solenoid. Look for burn marks or wear on the wires. Repair as necessary.
- Consult the vehicle's information source for the diagnostic steps of the EVAP system to check the good condition of the purge control solenoid and the system vessel. Make any required improvement.