P1445 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code P1445 Generic
The EVAP System (Evaporative Emission Control System) stores the vapors resulting from the combustion process in a certain container. In this way, the vapors are not expelled into the environment. As a result, less damage is caused to the environment. Therefore, the system uses switches, valves, and sensors, which are controlled by the ECM (Engine Control Module).
The opening of the bypass steam passage in the solenoid that controls the purge volume of the EVAP canister has constant variations to control the flow. The purge volume control solenoid repeats the On/Off operation, taking into account the signal provided by the ECM. This opening changes to suit the optimum engine control, which is determined taking into account the engine conditions. During the engine operation, the flow of fuel vapor from the EVAP canister is controlled while the airflow also changes.
OBDII fault code P1445 is set when the Engine Control Module detects the wrong operation of the EVAP canister purge volume control solenoid valve.
Symptoms of fault code P1445 Generic
- The Check Engine light turns on.
- Higher fuel consumption.
Causes of OBD2 P1445 Generic
Diagnostic code P1445 OBD2 because of these reasons :
- The EVAP hoses may be wrongly connected.
- The EVAP canister may be damaged.
- The EVAP purge volume control solenoid valve circuit may be bad.
- Possibly, the purge volume solenoid is in bad condition.
- The EVAP pressure sensor may be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1445 Generic
Steps to resolve the DTC P1445 OBDII code:
- As a first step, consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- By using a scanner, check if other error codes are set. If you detect such codes, diagnose them following the order shown on the scanner.
- Check de the EVAP hose connections are not damaged. If you discover any damage to the hoses, make the appropriate corrections.
- Check the electrical components of the Evaporative Emission Control System purge volume control solenoid circuit for damage. If common damages are found, make appropriate repairs.
- Following the manufacturer's recommendations, check the integrity of the purge volume solenoid. Measure the resistance of the solenoid, and if you discover an out-of-range value, replace it.