P1443 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code P1443 Generic
The Evaporative Emissions Control System (EVAP) stores fuel vapors so that they cannot be released into the environment. It includes various sensors, switches, and valves controlled by the Engine Control Module (ECM).
On the other hand, you can locate the canister control vacuum check switch in the vacuum line. Specifically, it is between the canister purge solenoid and the purge control valve. This switch detects the vacuum signal to the purge control valve. It also provides an On/Off signal to the ECM. When no vacuum is supplied to the valve, the switch sends an On signal. At the moment the vacuum is supplied to the valve, the ECM receives an Off signal from the vacuum control switch.
Symptoms of fault code P1443 Generic
- Check Engine ON.
- Loss of fuel efficiency.
- Strong fuel odors are perceived.
Causes of OBD2 P1443 Generic
Reasons to set the P1443 OBD2 diagnostic code:
- The Throttle Position Sensor may be faulty.
- Engine coolant temperature sensor may be damaged.
- EVAP canister purge control solenoid wires or connectors may be defective.
- Possibly the EVAP purge control solenoid is in bad condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1443 Generic
To solve the P1443 OBDII fault code, try this:
- Check that no other DTCs in addition to P1443 are stored. If this is the case, perform the diagnosis of these codes, taking into account the order shown by the scanner.
- Inspect all the wiring and other electrical components of the EVAP canister purge control solenoid circuit. Look for deficiencies, wear, burns or corrosion. If the above conditions are found, make the appropriate repairs.
- Check the integrity of the electrical connections of the purge control solenoid circuit. Compare the electrical values with those specified. If you discover an open or shorted circuit, make the appropriate corrections.
Codes related to P1443