P1435 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1435 Code failures by brands
P1435 FORD: A/C REFRIGERANT TEMPERATURE CIRCUIT RANGE/PERFORMANCE
Description of DTC code P1435
The evaporator temperature sensor or switch is a device installed in vehicles; it belongs to the air conditioning system. As the name implies, this sensor detects and monitors the temperature of the air conditioning evaporator.
The evaporator temperature sensor is usually located directly on the evaporator or very close to it so that the temperature can be regulated. This device allows keeping the temperature within an acceptable range for good operation. If the sensor detects a high temperature, the system increases the flow. By doing this, the cooling increases and the flow reduces when the evaporator is cold. This device conserves energy and prevents the evaporator from freezing.
The OBDII DTC P1435 is set when the ECM detects range/performance problems in the circuit that controls the conditioner evaporator.
Symptoms of fault code P1435
- Check Engine light ON.
- The air conditioning temperature has excessive variations.
- The air conditioning compressor does not turn on.
Causes of OBD2 P1435
The P1435 OBD2 fault code P1435 is stored for one of the following reasons:
- Evaporator temperature sensor wires may be in poor condition.
- The Evaporator Temperature Sensor circuit connections may be faulty, causing malfunction.
- The evaporator temperature sensor may be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1435
To solve the P1435 OBDII diagnostic code, try this:
- Consult the TSB (Technical Service Bulletins).
- Check the evaporator temperature sensor wires for common damage caused by corrosion or wear. Repair if necessary.
- Perform voltage tests on the Evaporator Temperature Sensor circuit to verify that the supply, reference, and ground voltages match the allowable parameters for good performance. If irregularities are found, make appropriate corrections.