P1423 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code P1423 Generic
The Secondary Air Injection System, sometimes referred to as air injection, is a system by which an emission control strategy for the car is implemented. In this system, fresh air is injected into the exhaust stream, thus allowing for a much more complete secondary combustion of the exhaust gases.
To control exhaust emissions, consideration is given to the manner of injection and the point at which the air enters the exhaust system. This has undergone modifications over time. Early systems injected air close to the engine, into the cylinder head or exhaust manifold. These systems provided oxygen to burn or oxidize the unburned fuel in the exhaust before it was expelled. However, with the introduction of the catalytic converter, secondary air injection changed. Instead of being a device in charge of regulating primary emissions, it was adapted to support the efficient work of the catalytic converter.
P1423 OBDII diagnostic code is related in certain vehicles to a malfunction of the Secondary Air Injection System. It is detected by an insufficient flow from the secondary air injection system. To find out how it applies to your vehicle, refer to the source of information.
Symptoms of fault code P1423 Generic
- Check Engine Lamp illuminated.
- Irregular idle operation.
- Problems during acceleration.
Causes of OBD2 P1423 Generic
P1423 OBD2 fault code is set for one of the following reasons:
- Secondary Air Injection System pump electrical connections could have been damaged.
- Secondary Air Injection System hoses are possibly clogged or disconnected.
- The secondary air injection valve may be in poor condition.
- The secondary air injection pump may have deficiencies.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1423 Generic
The troubleshooting steps for the DTC P1423 OBDII code are:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Before repairing the P1423 code we recommend you diagnose all the stored codes, which are related to the Secondary Air Injection System.
- Check the Secondary Air Injection System pump wiring for common damage such as burns or wear. Repair it as necessary.
- Inspects Secondary Air Injection System hoses and checks hoses for connection inconsistencies or other deficiencies. Correct it as required.