P1381 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1381 Code failures by brands
P1381 ACURA, HONDA, ISUZU: CYLINDER POSITION SENSOR INTERMITTENT INTERRUPTION
Description of DTC code P1381
The CKP sensor (Crankshaft Position Sensor) determines the fuel injection timing, cylinder firing, and engine speed. In this system, you can also find the TDC sensor (Top Dead Center Sensor), which determines whether the crankshaft angle is within the corresponding parameter. Besides that, it determines the ignition timing at start-up. On the other hand, the CYP sensor (Cylinder Position Sensor) detects in which position cylinder 1 is located to start the sequential fuel injection for the rest of the cylinders. All these sensors are integrated with the distributor.
The OBDII fault code P1381 is set on Acura, Honda, and Isuzu brand vehicles when a malfunction is detected by the Cylinder Position Sensor.
Symptoms of fault code P1381
- Check Engine light ON.
Causes of OBD2 P1381
The reasons why the DTC P1381 OBD2 code is set are:
- The Cylinder Position Sensor has damage to the wiring or wiring connectors.
- The CYP Sensor connections may be faulty, causing a short in the circuit.
- The Cylinder Position Sensor is in bad condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1381
Steps to troubleshoot the P1381 OBDII diagnostic code:
- See TSBs.
- Inspect and check the condition of the various electrical components of the Cylinder Position Sensor. If corrosion, burns, or wear conditions are discovered on any of these, make the appropriate repairs.
- Measure the CYP Sensor circuit voltages and check if they are within the manufacturer's specifications. If inconsistencies are found, due to a short circuit, check the integrity of the connections. Repair as necessary.
- Check the Cylinder Position Sensor for Follow the diagnostic steps for the Cylinder Position Sensor and if you determine it is faulty, replace it.