P1335 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code P1335 Generic
The CKP (Crankshaft Position Sensor) is used in vehicles to record the speed at which the crankshaft rotates. This data is transmitted to the ECM (Engine Control Module), which uses it to control the ignition timing, as well as the fuel injection.
Once the motor is started, the high and low parts of the teeth cause the gap with the sensor to change. This varying gap causes the magnetic field near the sensor to change as well, which in turn causes the sensor voltage to change.
DTC P1335 OBDII code setting occurs when the ECM detects that a malfunction has occurred in the Crankshaft Position Sensor.
Symptoms of fault code P1335 Generic
- Check Engine light ON.
- Lack of power of the engine.
- Sudden stop of the engine.
Causes of OBD2 P1335 Generic
Reasons to set the P1335 OBD2 diagnostic code :
- The CKP Sensor circuit may have damage to the wiring.
- The electrical connections of the Crankshaft Position Sensor may be faulty.
- The CKP Sensor may be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1335 Generic
To troubleshoot the P1335 OBDII fault code, try this:
- Consult the TSBs.
- Check the cables and connectors that are related to the CKP Sensor If they are damaged by wear, corrosion, or burns, make the right repairs or replace them.
- Verify that the CKP Sensor circuit voltages are the same as the manufacturer's specifications. Check the reference voltage, ground signal, as well as the continuity of the wiring, are within the established parameters. Make the necessary repairs if one of these electrical values is not adequate.
- Check the Crankshaft Position Sensor works Diagnose this sensor according to the manufacturer's instructions in the vehicle's information source. If you determine it is defective, replace it.