P1327 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1327 Code failures by brands
P1327 BMW, MINI: KNOCK SENSOR 2 LOW INPUT
Description of DTC code P1327
The Knock Sensor is a device whose function is to inform the Engine Control Module (ECM) of situations in which one of the engine cylinders is knocking. This condition is since the energy produced by the air-fuel mixture turns negative and if this is continuous, the engine can be affected.
With the data received from the Knock Sensor, the ECM regulates and controls the engine, in order to avoid knocking. In case the voltage detected on Knock Sensor number 2 is lower than the allowed value, the P1327 OBDII diagnostic code will be set.
Symptoms of fault code P1327
- Check Engine lamp illuminated.
- Decreased engine power.
- Engine rpm is inconsistent.
Causes of OBD2 P1327
P1327 OBD2 fault code is set by the following factors:
- The Knock Sensor 2 circuit may have deficiencies in the wiring or connectors.
- The Knock Sensor 2 connections may have deficiencies that cause a short.
- The Knock Sensor 2 may be in poor condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1327
The corresponding steps to troubleshoot the DTC P1327 OBDII code are:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins (TSB).
- Inspect all wiring and connectors that are related to the Knock Sensor 2 circuit. Look for damage caused by wear, burns, or corrosion. If such conditions are found, make appropriate repairs.
- Measure the Knock Sensor 2 reference voltage and ground signal. Compare the results of these values with the manufacturer's specifications and if inconsistencies are detected, make corrections.
- Check that the resistance of the Knock Sensor 2 is the same as specified by the manufacturer. If you detect an out-of-range resistance, replace the sensor.