P1326 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code P1326 Generic
The KSDS (Knock Sensor Detection System) detects vibrations that are signs of immoderate connecting rod bearing wear. This system warns the driver about a previous phase of bearing wear because there may be extreme engine damage and failure.
When constant vibrations caused by bearing wear begin to occur, the MIL (Malfunction Indicator Lamp) will flash continuously to warn the driver of the situation. In addition to this, a DTC code will be set indicating the reason for the problem. In the case of the P1326 OBDII code for Hyundai vehicles, it means that the KSDS has had a malfunction.
Symptoms of fault code P1326 Generic
- Check Engine lamp illuminated.
- Activated slow start mode.
- Limited acceleration.
- Reduced maximum speed (limited RPM approximately 1800-2000).
Causes of OBD2 P1326 Generic
The P1326 OBD2 fault code is set for one of the following reasons:
- Detonation sensor wires or connectors may be broken.
- The Knock Sensor may be faulty.
- The motor may have mechanical damages.
- The ECM (Engine Control Module) may require reprogramming.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1326 Generic
To troubleshoot the P1326 OBDII diagnostic code, try this:
- As a first diagnostic step, we recommend you consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Use an automotive scanner to check if additional DTCs to P1326 are set. If so, the diagnostic codes should be as indicated by the scanner.
- Check cables and connectors that relate to the Detonation Sensor and check them for common failures. Repair or replace if necessary.
- Using the appropriate tools, measure the Knock Sensor voltages to verify that the Knock Sensor circuit is not open or shorted. If one of these conditions is found, make the necessary adjustments.
- Check the condition of the detonation sensor, following the manufacturer's recommended guidelines. If you determine that it is faulty, replace it.
- Check the engine for mechanical damage. Repair all stored codes, especially those indicating engine-related faults.
Codes related to P1326