P1302 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1302 Code failures by brands
P1302 ACURA, HONDA: CYLINDER NUMBER 2 RANDOM MISFIRE DETECTED
P1302 BMW, MINI: MISFIRING CYLINDER 2
P1302 SAAB: MISFIRING CYLINDER 2 DETECTED
Description of DTC code P1302
The function of the ignition system is to generate the necessary high voltage, which starts from the 12 volts of the battery. This voltage is sent to the spark plugs, which in turn ignite the air-fuel mixture in the engine combustion chamber. There are many components that play a fundamental role in engine ignition, including spark plugs, the coil, and the distributor, among others
The P1302 OBD2 fault code is a code that varies in its application depending on the manufacturer. However, in most brands, it is set when the Engine Control Module (ECM) detects an incorrect operation in engine cylinder 2.
Symptoms of fault code P1302
- Check Engine lamp illuminated.
- Problems during engine start.
- Engine runs unstable during running.
- Unexpected engine stalling.
- Poor acceleration.
- Increased exhaust emissions.
Causes of OBD2 P1302
The reasons for storing the P1302 OBDII diagnostic code are as follows:
- The spark plug in cylinder 2, or the wiring to the spark plug, may be faulty.
- The ignition coil may have damage to its wiring, which in turn causes a short circuit.
- Possibly the ignition coil is in poor condition.
- Cylinder 2 may have a faulty injector.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1302
To give you the solution to the DTC P1302 OBD2 code you must do the following:
- To start the diagnosis we recommend you consult the TSB. In addition, with a scanner, you can check if there are other error codes established, which indicate problems with the ignition system, such as misfires. If you discover such codes, you should fix them first.
- Check the electrical components of the ignition coil, spark plug, and injector for cylinder 2 for damage. If you discover common deficiencies, make the appropriate corrections.
- Verify that the fuel injector circuit for cylinder 2 is functioning properly. If you detect a short in the fuel injector circuit, make the necessary repairs.
- If the P1302 code is still set even after the above-mentioned repairs, the injector is defective and must be replaced.