P1280 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1280 Code failures by brands
P1280 ACURA, HONDA: ACCELERATOR PEDAL POSITION SENSOR 2 CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION
P1280 BUICK, CADILLAC, CHEVROLET, GMC: ACCELERATOR PEDAL POSITION SENSOR 2 CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION
P1280 DODGE: ACCELERATOR PEDAL POSITION SENSOR 2-3 CORRELATION
Description of DTC code P1280
The Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor (APP) is an electronic device that, as the name implies, is intended to monitor the position of the accelerator pedal. On top of the throttle, support is the TAC (Throttle Control Actuator), where 3 throttle position sensors are installed, which have individual signal and reference circuits. It is worth mentioning that the signal of this sensor changes according to the position of the throttle, which tends to be higher when the pedal is depressed.
The storage of the fault code P1280 OBDII means that an incorrect operation has been detected by the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor 2. Being a specific code, you should consult the vehicle's information source, in order to know the application given by the manufacturer.
Symptoms of fault code P1280
- Check Engine lamp illuminated.
- Throttle response control is lost.
- Decreased fuel efficiency.
Causes of OBD2 P1280
DTC P1280 OBD2 is set when the following occurs:
- Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor wires or connectors may have defects.
- APP Sensor circuit voltages may be inconsistent due to bad connections.
- The Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1280
To troubleshoot the P1280 OBDII diagnostic code consider the following:
- Start the diagnosis by consulting the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Verify that the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor wiring is not damaged. Also, check that the connections of this circuit are in optimal condition for proper operation. Repair it as necessary.
- Using the proper tools, measure the APP Sensor voltages and check to see if these results match the manufacturer's specifications. If out-of-range voltages are found, make corrections as necessary.
- Check the integrity of the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor. If you determine that the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor is in bad condition, proceed with its replacement.