P1271 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code P1271 Generic
An Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor (APP) is a component that is part of the vehicle’s acceleration system. This sensor basically monitors the position of the accelerator pedal to send this information to the control module that requires it to control the throttle opening.
Three APP sensors are installed in the TAC (Throttle Actuator Control) assembly, and each has individual signal circuits, a voltage carrying circuit for low reference, and a 5V reference circuit. Every change the accelerator pedal undergoes i.e. is depressed or depressed, is reported to the ECM, which will use this data for fuel control.
The diagnostic code P1271 OBDII, for manufacturers such as Acura, Chevrolet, GMC, Isuzu, and others, indicates that a correlation problem has been found between the APP 1-2 Sensor.
Symptoms of fault code P1271 Generic
- Check Engine lamp illuminates.
- The driver has lost throttle control.
- Fuel is losing performance.
Causes of OBD2 P1271 Generic
The reasons for the DTC P1271 OBD2 are stored:
- APP Sensor wiring may be faulty.
- The electrical connections of the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor circuits could be damaged, which in turn causes open or shorted circuits.
- An APP Sensor could be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1271 Generic
The steps to troubleshoot the P1271 OBDII fault code is:
- To start the diagnosis consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check if other DTCs are stored that indicate failures of a specific APP Sensor. If so, repair those codes first.
- Thoroughly check the wiring that is related to the APP Sensors that this code points to. Look for wear or burn damage and make the appropriate corrections.
- Using the appropriate tools, take readings of the circuit voltages of APP Sensors 1-2. Compare these actual readings with those specified in the service manual. If inconsistencies are detected, make the necessary repairs.
Codes related to P1271