P1229 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1229 Code failures by brands
P1229 TOYOTA: OVERPRESSURE FUEL SYSTEM
Description of DTC code P1229
The fuel supply is sent through the pressure lines, which are appropriate for keeping the engine operating within the proper levels. If a failure occurs within this system, the system can become overloaded, and as a result, the fuel pressure can increase beyond the ideal range.
In the case of the fuel systems in Toyota vehicles, they are controlled by a fuel pressure regulator. When fuel supply system failures occur, it is usually due to wiring problems.
The P1229 OBDII fault code is set when the ECM (Engine Control Module) detects that the actual fuel pressure has exceeded its maximum allowable level.
Symptoms of fault code P1229
- Check Engine Lamp ON.
- Lower engine power.
- Decreased fuel efficiency.
Causes of OBD2 P1229
Reasons for setting the P1229 OBD2 diagnostic code are:
- The fuel pressure regulator may be blocked.
- The fuel pressure regulator could be faulty.
- The fuel pump may have faulty wiring or connectors.
- The ECM may be damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1229
To solve the DTC P1229 OBDII code, take into account the following suggestions:
- First, make a TSB consultation.
- Using a scan tool, check for other stored fault codes that refer to fuel system problems. If such codes are present, diagnose them.
- Check the fuel pump for damage to the fuel pump wires or connectors. If any of these are corroded, burned, or worn, make repairs.
- Check the fuel pressure regulator and verify that the regulator is not clogged or damaged. Follow the manufacturer's instructions in the vehicle's information source to verify its integrity. Make any necessary corrections.