P1215 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1215 Code failures by brands
P1215 LEXUS, TOYOTA: EDU CIRCUIT
Description of DTC code P1215
The EDU (Electronic Driving Unit) activates the spill control valve at high speeds. High-speed driving of the EDU in high fuel pressure conditions is achieved through the use of a DC/DC converter, the function of which is to provide a high voltage fast charging system.
The engine ECU (Electronic Control Unit) continuously monitors the EDU and if an incorrect operating condition is detected, the engine will be stopped. The battery voltage is increased by the DC/DC converter. Approximately 50 V is applied to the spill control valve, taking into consideration the IJ+ signal it receives from the ECU. After this, the injection check signal (IJF) is sent to the Engine Electronic Control Unit.
The DTC P1215 OBDII code is stored when a malfunction is experienced in the Electronic Driving Unit circuit.
Symptoms of fault code P1215
- Check Engine lamp illumination.
Causes of OBD2 P1215
P1215 OBD2 fault code is set for one of the following reasons:
- Electronic Drive Unit circuit wires or connectors may have been damaged.
- The spill control valve may have deficiencies.
- The EDU could be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1215
The corresponding steps to troubleshoot the P1215 OBDII diagnostic code are:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Inspect the condition of the Electronic Drive Unit wiring and connectors. If you discover common deficiencies such as burns or corrosion, make repairs or replacements.
- Check the Electronic Driving Unit connections for any deficiencies that could cause a short or open circuit. Measure the circuit voltages and if one of the above conditions is detected, make the appropriate adjustments.
- Check the integrity of the spill control valve, following the manufacturer's recommended diagnostic steps. If you determine that the valve is damaged, consider replacing it.