P1201 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code P1201 Generic
The correct operation of automobiles depends to a great extent on the performance of the fuel system. This system includes the injectors, components whose function is to deliver the fuel at the required time in order to ensure an optimized combustion process.
The injectors have an atomizer whose function is to achieve a balanced fuel distribution. The ECM (Engine Control Module) regulates engine operation, including the components used to operate the engine. The ECM determines when fuel is to be delivered and commands the activation of the injectors. By the time these devices are working, it controls how much fuel is sent to the combustion chamber, a process that is permanently checked to verify if the supply is adequate.
The P1201 OBD2 fault code is set on certain vehicles when a problem is detected in the fuel injector for cylinder 1. To find out how the code is applied to your vehicle, consult the manufacturer’s information source.
Symptoms of fault code P1201 Generic
- Check Engine lamp illuminated.
- Difficulty starting the engine.
- Incorrect engine performance.
- Problems during acceleration.
Causes of OBD2 P1201 Generic
The reasons for storing the DTC P1201 OBDII are as follows:
- Cylinder 1 fuel injector wires could be in bad condition.
- Cylinder 1 injector circuit connections could be faulty.
- Fuel injector 1 is in bad condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1201 Generic
The steps to follow to correct the P1201 OBD2 diagnostic code are:
- To start the diagnosis consult the TSB.
- Check the wiring associated with the fuel injector for cylinder 1 and verify that it does not present common deficiencies. If you detect damage caused by corrosion or burns, make the appropriate corrections.
- Using the appropriate tools, measure the voltages of the injector 1 circuit and check that they match the values indicated in the manufacturer's specifications. If after carrying out these checks you detect deficient voltages, proceed with the pertinent repairs.
- Check the fuel injector for blockage or other damage conditions for cylinder 1. If so, proceed with the required corrections.