P1180 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1180 Code failures by brands
P1180 FORD, LINCOLN: LOW FUEL DELIVERY SYSTEM FAILURE
Description of DTC code P1180
The fuel delivery system provides the proper amount of fuel at the proper pressure in order to achieve good performance of the engine and engine-related components. This system must also comply with safety and emission regulations.
A fuel pump is installed in the fuel delivery system, along with a fuel pump controller, pressure regulator, fuel tank, fuel lines, fuel filter, injectors, and other components as determined by the manufacturer.
As the engine management module, the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) receives Fuel Tank Pressure (FTP) data from the NG Module (Natural Gas). With this data, the PCM can infer the Fuel Rail Pressure (FRP). In case a fuel pressure lower than a minimal calibrated value is detected, the P1180 OBDII fault code will be set.
Symptoms of fault code P1180
- Check Engine lamp on.
- Engine power decreased.
Causes of OBD2 P1180
P1180 OBD2 diagnostic code is set for one of the following reasons:
- The fuel lines may have blockages.
- The fuel filter could have blockages.
- The fuel pressure regulator could have been damaged.
- Fuel rail solenoid shutoff valve circuit wiring may be faulty.
- The fuel rail solenoid shutoff valve could be in poor condition.
- Defect in the OCV (Oil Control Valve).
- Low or dirty oil.
- Damaged computer.
- PCM error.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1180
The steps to correct the DTC P1180 OBDII code are as follows:
- As a first step, consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Considering the complexity of the code, it is necessary to verify that the fuel lines and the filter do not present obstructions that interfere directly with the fuel pressure.
- Verify the proper functioning of the fuel pressure regulator, following the steps indicated by the manufacturer. If you determine that the same one presents deficiencies, carry out the due corrections.
- Check the fuel rail solenoid shutoff valve circuit for damage to wiring or connections. If you do not detect common deficiencies, check the valve integrity. Repair as required.