P1154 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1154 Code failures by brands
P1154 ACURA, HONDA: HO2S TRANSITION TIME RATIO 2 1
P1154 BUICK, CADILLAC, CHEVROLET, GMC, PONTIAC, SATURN: HO2S TRANSITION TIME RATIO BANK 2 SENSOR 1
Description of DTC code P1154
HO2S (Oxygen Sensor) are electrical devices that provide exhaust oxygen readings to the PCM (Powertrain Control Module). With this information, it is possible to know how much oxygen is present and consequently make the respective adjustments to the air/fuel mixture.
The Powertrain Control Module continuously monitors the operation of the oxygen sensor for 100 seconds. In that check time, the PCM checks the number of times there are rich to lean and lean to rich responses from the sensor. Also, the time it takes for the sensor to complete the transitions is counted. With all this data, it is possible to determine an average time for such transitions and subsequently, the PCM obtains a ratio.
The P1154 OBDII fault code setting occurs when the PCM detects that the HO2S ratio is not within the allowable range.
Symptoms of fault code P1154
- Check Engine light illuminated.
- Unstable engine operation.
Causes of OBD2 P1154
Factors that cause the P1154 OBD2 diagnostic code setting are:
- There may be damage to the Oxygen Sensor 1 wiring or connectors on Bank 2.
- Possibly the HO2S circuit electrical connections are faulty.
- Oxygen Sensor 1 may be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1154
To troubleshoot the DTC P1154 OBDII code you should consider the following:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Inspect all the wiring and connectors of the Oxygen Sensor 1 of bank 2. If you discover conditions such as corrosion, burns, or wear, proceed with the respective corrections.
- Following the manufacturer's guidelines, check the performance of the Oxygen Sensor These tests should be performed with the engine at operating temperature and if the results differ from those indicated, suspect poor connections or even a defective sensor. Make the proper adjustments.