P1141 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1141 Code failures by brands
P1141 BUICK, CADILLAC, CHEVROLET, GMC: HO2S HEATER CONTROL CIRCUIT BANK 1 SENSOR 2
Description of DTC code P1141
Oxygen sensors (HO2S) are an important part of the vehicle's fuel system. These devices measure the oxygen present in the exhaust and then send that data to the Engine Control Module, which uses it to regulate the air/fuel ratio. The information provided by these devices is also used to check the performance of the Catalytic Converter, an essential component of the emissions system.
The reading efficiency of the oxygen sensors is determined by their temperature. Considering this, the sensors include a heating element, which contributes to reducing the time it takes to reach the necessary temperature.
The setting of diagnostic code P1141 OBD2 occurs when the circuit controlling the heater of HO2S number 2 of bank 1 experiences performance failures, directly affecting the sensor.
Symptoms of fault code P1141
- Check Engine light on.
- Trouble starting the engine.
- Fuel consumption increases.
- Reduced engine power.
- Set DTCs refer to misfiring.
Causes of OBD2 P1141
The reasons for which the P1141 OBDII fault code is stored are:
- Oxygen Sensor 2 Bank 1 wires or connectors could be in poor condition.
- HO2S 2 is possibly in bad condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1141
To resolve the DTC P1141 OBD2 code you must do the following:
- As a first step consult the TSB.
- Check that the Oxygen Sensor has its cables or connectors in optimal conditions. If you discover damage due to wear or burns, make the necessary repairs or changes.
- With the engine running at a temperature for good HO2S performance, employ a scan tool to monitor the sensor's input data. During normal sensor operation its voltage changes from 1 to 900mV. If this voltage does not change, the sensor is damaged and must be replaced.
- A volt meter measures the output signal of the oxygen sensor. That value should match the value specified by the manufacturer. If you discover a short, replace the sensor.