P1135 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1135 Code failures by brands
P1135 FORD: PEDAL POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT TO FLASHING.
P1135 LEXUS, SCION, TOYOTA: AIR/FUEL RATIO SENSOR HEATER CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION BANK 1.
Description of DTC code P1135
The Pedal Position Sensor (PPS) transmits information related to the movement of the accelerator to the PCM (Powertrain Control Module). You can find this sensor on the throttle body, although there are applications where it is on the pedal. Regardless of the location, the sensor sends a signal between 0 and 5 volts to the PCM, being 0.5V the starting point. When this voltage exceeds 0.5, the engine is inactive between 4 and 4.5V, the throttle is fully open.
The diagnostic code P1135 OBDII is a manufacturer specific code, which is set when the voltage provided by the Pedal Position Sensor does not match that received by the Throttle Position Sensor. Particularly, this code is set when the voltage changes from 0 to 5 in a very short time from the set value.
Symptoms of fault code P1135
- The Check Engine lamp lights up.
- Problems during acceleration.
- Fuel efficiency may be slightly affected.
Causes of OBD2 P1135
The reasons for setting the fault code P1135 OBD2 are
- The signal or ground circuit of the Foot Position Sensor may have an intermittent operation due to wiring damage.
- There may be a short in the ground circuit or the 5-volt signal circuit of the Pedal Position Sensor.
- The Position Sensor Pedal may be in poor condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1135
To solve the problems of the DTC code P1135 OBDII, you must take into account the following:
- As a first step, it is necessary to consult the TSB (Technical Service Bulletins).
- Check the condition of the cables and connectors related to the pedal position sensor If you determine that these components have to wear, burn or corrosion damage, make the appropriate repairs.
- By using a scanning tool, monitor the voltage signals from the Foot Position Sensor. Compare the results obtained with the manufacturer's specifications and if they differ considerably, there may be damage in the sensor, replace it.