P1127 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1127 Code failures by brands
P1127 TOYOTA, LEXUS - ETCS ACTUATOR POWER SOURCE CIRCUIT MALFUNCTION
Description of DTC code P1127
The ETCS (Electronic Throttle Control System) is an automotive system designed to electronically connect the accelerator pedal to the throttle, which is equipped on vehicles to replace the mechanical linkage. Generally, the ETCS is composed of an accelerator pedal module, which has two or more position sensors. There is also a throttle valve that opens and closes through an electronic motor. The PCM determines through software the required throttle position and the calculations sent by the position sensors.
The P1127 OBDII fault code is a manufacturer-specific code, which indicates that the Electronic Throttle Control System actuator has experienced problems in its power circuit.
Symptoms of fault code P1127
- Check Engine light ON.
- Problems during acceleration.
Causes of OBD2 P1127
Reasons for setting the P1127 OBD2 diagnostic code:
- The ETCS actuator harness may have damage such as wear or corrosion.
- Electronic Throttle Control System actuator circuit may be shorted due to poor electrical connections.
- The ETCS actuator may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1127
Steps to troubleshoot the P1127 OBDII DTC:
- Consult the TSBs. These contain useful information for repairing the code.
- Check all the Electronic Throttle Control System wiring, connectors, and circuit connections. If any of these are found to be damaged by wear, burns, or other conditions, proceed with repairs or replacement.
- Verify the Electronic Throttle Control System circuit is not shorted due to wiring damage. If the actual values do not match those specified by the manufacturer, make the necessary repairs.
- Check the Electronic Throttle Control System actuator for damage. To diagnose it, check the steps outlined by the manufacturer. Replace it if you determine that it is not in good condition.