P1126 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code P1126 Generic
The power supply for the throttle control motor is provided to the ECM through a control relay. When the ignition switch is turned on, the relay works based on the ignition signal sent to the relay. Besides that, a battery voltage is provided to the ECM. Once the switch is deactivated, the ECM signals the relay to turn off and the battery voltage is no longer sent.
If the Engine Control Module detects that the power supply voltage to the throttle control motor is inconsistent, the P1126 OBDII fault code will be set. Note that for 2000-2001 Infiniti, this definition does not apply.
Symptoms of fault code P1126 Generic
- The Check Engine light turns on.
Causes of OBD2 P1126 Generic
The P1126 OBD2 diagnostic code setting occurs for one or more of the following reasons:
- The throttle control motor relay wiring may have damage, causing a short or open circuit.
- The electrical connections of the throttle control relay may be inconsistent.
- The throttle control motor relay may be faulty.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1126 Generic
Steps to troubleshoot the P1126 OBDII DTC:
- First, consult the Technical Service Bulletins.
- Check the condition of the wires that are connected to the throttle control motor relay. If any of these are damaged by burns, wear or corrosion, repair or replace if necessary.
- If the circuit wires are undamaged, it is necessary to check that the connections meet the minimum voltage requirements. Consult the values specified by the manufacturer. If you detect an out-of-range voltage, make the appropriate corrections.
- If after performing the above repairs you still get the P1126 code, the relay may be damaged. It should be replaced.