P1121 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1121 Code failures by brands
P1121 NISSAN, INFINITI - THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR CIRCUIT INTERMITTENT [TPS] HIGH VOLTAGE
P1121 FORD - THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR INCOMPATIBLE WITH THE MASS AIRFLOW SENSOR
P1121 ACURA - THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR (TP) - INTERMITTENT HIGH VOLTAGE/CIRCUIT
P1121 CHEVROLET - THROTTLE POSITION SENSOR (TP) - HIGH VOLTAGE, INTERMITTENT
Description of DTC code P1121
The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) uses the input data provided by the Throttle Position Sensor (TPS) to calculate the throttle opening to suit the operating conditions according to engine speed and load. The PCM generates or creates a signal based on the data it has received. This signal starts the engine in the throttle body to open or close the throttle plate, establishing effective throttle control.
The DTC P1121 OBDII code is manufacturer-specified, although, in any application using this definition, it indicates that this code is set when the Powertrain Control Module found a malfunction in the throttle body, which are equipped with a stepper motor, a throttle pedal position sensor, and a return spring.
Symptoms of fault code P1121
- Check Engine lamp illumination.
- Idle speed is unstable.
- By selecting an idle transmission gear, the engine can be stopped.
- There is little response from the accelerator.
- Failsafe mode activated.
Causes of OBD2 P1121
The reasons for setting the diagnostic code P1121 OBD2 are
- The return spring may be stuck or in poor condition.
- Internal components of the electric throttle control actuator may be damaged by corrosion or mechanical wear.
- The electrical circuit may have damage to the wiring of the connectors.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1121
To solve the fault code P1121 OBDII, you must take into account the following:
- Check the condition of the throttle actuator connector. If it is not performing properly, the reasons vary by manufacturer. For example, in Nissan cars, it is because the spring is stuck or is not closing the throttle plate at the correct speed. Make any necessary corrections.
- Check the proper functioning of the return spring. If you realize it is defective, you must replace the assembly.