P1113 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1113 Code failures by brands
P1113 MAZDA: INTAKE AIR TEMPERATURE (IAT) SENSOR OPEN/SHORT
Description of DTC code P1113
The Inlet Air Temperature (IAT) sensor is usually located at the inlet of the induction system. It has a semiconductor, which presents resistance changes as the temperature varies. This sensor receives a power supply signal and a ground signal. Besides, it is frequently monitored by the PCM (Power Train Control Module) concerning the voltage variations that cause changes in the resistance to determine the actual inlet air temperature.
The resistance of the sensor varies according to the inlet air temperature. When the inlet air temperature is high, the resistance decreases, and consequently, the signal voltage of the sensor is reduced. And as the temperature decreases, the resistance will increase, and thus the signal voltage decreases.
The DTC P1113 OBDII code is a manufacturer-specific code. Mazda uses it to state a fault in the IAT sensor circuit. When the code is set, it is due to the PCM finding errors in the Intake Air Temperature Sensor signal due to an open or shorted circuit.
Symptoms of fault code P1113
- Check Engine light ON.
- Motor power failures.
- Difficulty starting the engine in cold weather.
- Increased fuel consumption.
Causes of OBD2 P1113
Reasons to set the P1113 OBD2 fault code on Mazda's vehicles:
- The Intake Air Temperature Sensor may have damage to the circuit connectors or wires.
- The IAT sensor may be
- The Powertrain Control Module may have programming errors.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1113
To troubleshoot P1113 OBDII diagnostic code problems on Mazda vehicles, consider the following suggestions:
- Consult the Technical Service Bulletins, they contain useful diagnostic information.
- Inspect all the wires and connectors that are related to the IAT sensor If they show burn spots, wear, corrosion, or other characteristics, make repairs or replace these components.
- Check the electrical values of the IAT Sensor circuit match those specified by the manufacturer. Repair if you find inconsistencies when making such a comparison.
- Follow the steps to diagnose the IAT Sensor, checking it for defects. If you determine certain damage, replace it.