P1111 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
Description of DTC code P1111 Generic
The intake valve timing control solenoid is activated by the ECM (Engine Control Module) through some on/off signals. It changes the amount of oil as well as the course of stream through the intake valve timing control unit. When the pulse width is longer, the valve angle is more advanced. If the pulse width is shorter, the valve angle will be delayed.
The setting of fault code P1111 OBDII occurs when the signal received by the ECM from the intake valve timing control solenoid valve has an incorrect voltage.
Symptoms of fault code P1111 Generic
- Check Engine Lighting.
- The engine shows a remarkable loss of power.
- Engine instability during idling.
Causes of OBD2 P1111 Generic
The reasons for setting the diagnostic code P1111 OBD2 are
- Engine oil or filter may have contamination levels.
- The wiring harness of the intake valve timing solenoid may be damaged, causing a short or open circuit.
- The intake valve timing solenoid may be in bad condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1111 Generic
To solve the DTC code P1111 OBDII, take into account the following:
- As a first step, consult the TSB (Technical Service Bulletins).
- Check the engine oil for contaminants. If you discover such inconsistencies, replace the oil along with the filter.
- Check the wiring that is related to the intake valve timing control solenoid valve for damage such as burns or wear. Similarly, check the cable connectors are not corroded. Repair as necessary.
- Consult the vehicle's information source for specific steps of the intake valve timing solenoid. If you realize it is defective, replace it.