P1102 - MASS AIRFLOW SENSOR IN RANGE BUT LOWER THAN EXPECTED
Description of DTC code P1102
The MAF Sensor (Mass Airflow Sensor) tells the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) the amount of air entering the engine by a series of voltages. This data is used to calculate the engine load, the amount of fuel needed to inject, and the time when gear changes are necessary.
When the voltage sent by the MAF Sensor to the vehicle computer is below normal values, even though it is within the range set by the manufacturer, the DTC code P1102 OBDII will be set.
Symptoms of fault code P1102
- The Check Engine light is illuminated.
- Erratic engine performance.
- Loss of power during acceleration.
- Poor idling.
Causes of OBD2 P1102
The reasons for setting the diagnostic code P1102 OBD2 are
- MAF Sensor circuit wiring or connectors may be improperly connected or in poor condition.
- The vacuum system may leak air around the Mass Airflow Sensor.
- The Mass Airflow Sensor may be clogged or defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1102
To solve the problems of the fault code P1102 OBDII, you must do the following:
- Check a visual examination of the wiring, connectors, and other components of the Mass Airflow Sensor's electrical circuit. Make any necessary repairs or changes.
- Check the air filter for elements that cause clogging. Carry out the right maintenance.
- Check that the MAF Sensor has the respective reference and ground signals. If one of these values is not present, disconnect the PCM and check the continuity of the sensor with the other modules. Make any necessary repairs or changes.