P1093 - FAULT CODE - OBD2
P1093 Code failures by brands
P1093 INFINITI, NISSAN: VVEL ACTUATOR MOTOR BANK 2
Description of DTC code P1093
The VVEL (Variable Valve Event & Lift) system controls the events and valve lift. The rotational movements of the drive shaft with an eccentric cam are transmitted to the output cam, using the rocker arm and two types of linkages to press the intake valve. The ECM (Engine Control Module) decides the valve lift according to the driving condition. Then, it sends a command signal to the VVEL Control Module, which controls the rotation by the actuator motor and changes the output cam movement by varying the linkage support point. This operation results in a continuous change of valve lift to improve both engine response and performance.
The OBDII fault code P1093 is set on Nissan and Infiniti vehicles when VVEL actuator engine performance deficiencies are detected. In this case, the code applies to the engine bank 2.
Symptoms of fault code P1093
- Illumination of the Check Engine lamp.
- Irregular motor operation.
Causes of OBD2 P1093
Reasons for setting the P1093 OBD2 diagnostic code:
- The VVEL actuator motor harness may be damaged, resulting in a short or open circuit.
- The VVEL assembly may have shortcomings.
- Possibly, the variable valve Event and Lift actuator motor are defective.
- The VVEL Control Module may be in bad condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P1093
To troubleshoot the DTC P1093 OBDII code, try this:
- See TSBs.
- Check all the electrical components of the VVEL actuator motor circuit and verify that they are in good condition. If you discover conditions that cause a short or open circuit, make the appropriate adjustments.
- Test the VVEL actuator motor circuit voltages and verify that they match the manufacturer's specifications. An out-of-range voltage will require corrections.
- Locate in the data source the steps to diagnose the VVEL actuator motor and determine its integrity. If you conclude that it is defective, replace it.