P0965 - PRESSURE CONTROL SOLENOID "B" CONTROL CIRCUIT RANGE/PERFORMANCE
Description of DTC code P0965
Pressure control solenoids are components used for monitoring the transmission fluid pressure. Through such action, it is possible to check the proper work of the automatic transmission. It should be noted that the correct operation of the transmission depends on the proper pressure since it is controlled by belts and clutches that constantly change gears. These solenoids are used to send the fluid at the correct pressure to the various circuits that are in charge of transmission shifting.
When the P0965 OBDII fault code is stored, it is because performance problems were found on the part of the pressure control solenoid B circuit.
Symptoms of fault code P0965
- Check Engine Lamp illuminated.
- Problems during transmission shifts.
- Noticeable increase in transmission temperatures.
- Increased fuel consumption.
Causes of OBD2 P0965
DTC P0965 OBD2 code is set by the following:
- Contamination levels may be present in the transmission fluid.
- Pressure Solenoid B circuit wires or connections may be damaged.
- The transmission filters or hydraulic lines may be clogged.
- Pressure Solenoid B may be in bad condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0965
To correct the P0965 OBDII diagnostic code consider the following:
- Consult the TSBs.
- Verify that the transmission fluid has no contamination, is burnt or the fluid level is insufficient. If you discover one of these conditions, proceed with the corresponding corrective actions.
- Check the connections, wiring, and other electrical components of the Pressure Solenoid B circuit for good condition. If common deficiencies are found, proceed with the necessary adjustments.
- Check the integrity of Pressure Solenoid B, paying attention to the resistance of the solenoid. If you determine that the solenoid is defective, it is advisable to replace it.