P0882 - TCM POWER INPUT SIGNAL LOW
Description of DTC code P0882
The Transmission Control Module (TCM) is a computer that monitors the operation of the vehicle's transmission. Depending on the manufacturer, it can be integrated into the Powertrain Control Module (PCM), as well as it can be standalone.
Like the various control modules, the TCM gets input signals from various sensors and switches. This information is used later on by the TCM to control various gear solenoid outputs and the Torque Converting Clutch (TCC) solenoid. It is only through the information provided by these devices that the TCM controls the operation of the transmission.
The DTC code P0882 OBD2 is set if the energy that is reaching the TCM is not enough. This code states that there is a short in the circuit.
Symptoms of fault code P0882
- Check Engine lighting.
- The transmission does not change.
- Flaccid mode can be activated.
Causes of OBD2 P0882
The reasons for setting the error code P0882 OBDII are
- The Transmission Control Module circuit may have bad wires.
- The system's electrical connectors may be corroded.
- The battery may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0882
The steps for the resolution of the diagnostic code P0882 OBD2 faults are:
- Check that the battery voltage is adequate for the proper functioning of the system. Check a battery charge test. If the test reveals battery failure, the battery must be replaced.
- After placing the transmission control circuit on the PCM connector, check the resistance of the If you get less than 5.0 ohms, the circuit is shorted to ground. Check the condition of the wires and look for damage to them. Repair or replace as necessary.
- If the resistance level obtained is within the allowed parameters, check there are good electrical connections. Check the connectors are not corroded. Clean or change them as required.