P0868 - TRANSMISSION FLUID PRESSURE LOW
Description of DTC code P0868 Generic
The establishment of the DTC code P0868 OBDII shows that a problem has been found with the transmission fluid pressure, being excessively low.
In addition to lubricating the transmission, this fluid is used to lower the temperature in automatic transmissions. When the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) detects that this fluid pressure is below the range determined by the manufacturer, it turns on the Check Engine light next to this code.
Symptoms of fault code P0868 Generic
- MIL (Engine Malfunction) light illuminated.
- The transmission may overheat.
- Sliding transmission.
- The vehicle can be put into a flaccid mode.
Causes of OBD2 P0868 Generic
The reasons for setting the problem code P0868 OBD2 are
- Transmission fluid may leak from the transmission, resulting in a low level of fluid.
- The high-pressure pump in the transmission may not be working properly.
- Perhaps the Transmission Fluid Temperature (TFT) sensor is defective.
- The engine could be overheating.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0868 Generic
To solve the problems associated with the diagnostic code P0868 OBDII, you should do the following:
- Check for transmission fluid leaks. Repair if necessary and then fill the transmission with the required amount and type of fluid. Note if the current transmission fluid indicates burnout, it must be replaced.
- Check the transmission wiring and connectors for damage such as burns or corrosion. Repair as needed.
- Check for the presence of the reference voltage on the Transmission Fluid Temperature Sensor which is usually 5 volts. Also, check for a good ground signal for the sensor. If both signals are within the parameters, check the resistance. All readings obtained should be compared with the specifications provided by the manufacturer. Replace the TFT Sensor if it does not meet the specification.