P0841 - TRANSMISSION FLUID PRESSURE SENSOR / SWITCH A CIRCUIT RANGE PERFORMANCE
Description of DTC code P0841
The Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor (TFP) is located on the side of the valve body inside the transmission. It may also be screwed into one side of the transmission body. The function of this sensor is to convert the pressure from the mechanical transmission into an electrical signal that is sent to the Transmission Control Module (TCM) or Powertrain Control Module (PCM). This signal is used to determine the transmission operating pressure or also to determine when a change occurs.
If the TFP Sensor input "A" does not match the normal operating voltage stored in the TCM / PCM memory, the error code P0841 OBD2 will be set.
Symptoms of fault code P0841
- The Check Engine lamp lights up.
- Drastic changes in the transmission.
- The transmission slides.
- Poor fuel economy.
- Other DTC codes may be stored.
Causes of OBD2 P0841
The reasons why problem code P0841 OBDII is stored are the following:
- The signal circuit of the Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor may be open or shorted.
- Perhaps there is a short to ground in the TFT Sensor signal circuit.
- Possibly the TFT Sensor is defective.
- The mechanical transmission could have internal failures.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0841
To solve the faults associated with the diagnostic code P0841 OBD2, you must take into account the following
- To start with a good diagnosis, it is advisable to review the Technical Service Bulletins. It is also important to note that if other codes have been established, first, you should repair those codes.
- Check Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor cables and connectors. Repair or replace any burned-out wires or corroded connectors. Note that these components have a high risk of corrosion.
- Use a DVOM to test the TFT sensor and associated circuitry. Tests reference signal levels, resistance, and ground. Compare to the manufacturer's specifications, and if you find wide margins of difference proceed to repair as needed.
- Replaces the Transmission Fluid Pressure Sensor