P0793 - INTERMEDIATE SHAFT SPEED SENSOR 'A' CIRCUIT NO SIGNAL
Description of DTC code P0793 Generic
The Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor notices the rotational speed of the input turbine. Then, it transmits this information to the required module. The input turbine speed signal (NT) is compared by the ECM with the speed from the Gear Speed Sensor (NC), thus detecting gear shift timing. Besides, it controls the hydraulic pressure engine torque regardless of different conditions. As a result, the executed gear changes are smoother.
The DTC P0793 OBDII is stored by the ECM/TCM when a signal is not detected by the Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor A or its circuit.
Symptoms of fault code P0793 Generic
- Check Engine light ON.
- Troubles when changing gears.
- Erratic engine speed.
Causes of OBD2 P0793 Generic
Reasons for storing the P0793 OBD2 fault code:
- The Automatic transmission fluid (ATF) may be low or contaminated.
- The Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor circuit wiring or connections may be faulty.
- The intermediate shaft speed sensor may be defective.
- A related Sensor or Solenoid may be in poor condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0793 Generic
To solve the P0793 OBDII diagnostic code, try this:
- Consult the TSBs.
- Check the transmission fluid for contamination and a proper fluid level. Fix if necessary.
- Check the condition of the Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor circuit wiring and connectors. If you discover deficiencies due to wear or burns, make repairs if necessary.
- Perform electrical tests on the Intermediate Shaft Speed Sensor and its circuitry. Use a multimeter to verify that the actual voltages are within specifications. If electrical inconsistencies are found, make the appropriate adjustments.