P0776 - PRESSURE CONTROL SOLENOID B - PERFORMANCE / OFF
Description of DTC code P0776
The automatic transmission is based on different levels of hydraulic pressure to give the torque converter and shift interlock actuator. This pressure is controlled by at least one solenoid. This entire system is controlled by the PCM (Powertrain Control Module).
When the problem code P0776 OBDII is stored, it is because the PCM found a problem with the transmission pressure control solenoid B. The solenoid is not working properly or is stuck in the off position.
Symptoms of fault code P0776
- The Check Engine light turns on.
- The transmission slides and overheats.
- Lower fuel efficiency.
Causes of OBD2 P0776
The reasons for storing the diagnostic code P0776 OBD2 are
- The pressure control solenoid B may be defective.
- Perhaps the transmission fluid has elements that contaminate it.
- Transmission filter blockages.
- The transmission valve body is probably damaged.
- Hydraulic passages may be restricted.
- Defective system cables or connectors.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0776
To solve the failures of the DTC code P0776 OBDII, you should consider the following suggestions:
- Check the TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins) that match your vehicle model.
- Check the transmission fluid and make sure the level and condition of the fluid are adequate. Make the necessary adjustments.
- Check the cables and connectors leading to the transmission. You should repair or replace any corroded or burned cables.
- Use a voltmeter to verify that the circuits have the resistance, continuity, and ground values indicated in the user's manual. Repair as necessary.
- Change the pressure control solenoid B.