P0773 - SHIFT SOLENOID "E" ELECTRICAL
Description of DTC code P0773
The automatic transmissions that are controlled by the PCM (Powertrain Control Module) use shift solenoids. They are responsible for managing the transfer of the transmission fluid through the various hydraulic circuits. By doing this, a change in the transmission ratio is activated.
The storage of the DTC code P0773 OBDII means that the transmission's "E" solenoid has had an electrical malfunction in its circuit.
Symptoms of fault code P0773
- Check Engine Lighting.
- The changes in the transmission are abrupt.
- The transmission slides.
- An overheating of the transmission.
- Other solenoid change codes are stored.
- The vehicle goes into a flaccid mode.
Causes of OBD2 P0773
The causes of the configuration of the diagnostic code P0773 OBD2 are
- Transmission fluid may be contaminated or excessively low.
- The "E" change solenoid may be defective.
- The solenoid wires may be open or short-circuited.
- Maybe the solenoid circuit has a poor electrical connection.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0773
The recommendations for the solution of the fault code P0773 OBDII are the following:
- Check the TSB (Technical Service Bulletins).
- Make sure that the transmission fluid does not have components that contaminate it. Also, check that the fluid level is adequate. In case you find a low level in excess, check that there are no leaks. If the fluid needs to be replaced, take into account the transmission filter as well.
- Check the cables of the "E" solenoid and make sure they do not have defects such as wear and tear or friction with other components. Also, check the connectors are not corroded and the electrical connections are necessary for optimum operation. Repair or replace as necessary.
- Change the "E" change solenoid.