P0770 - SHIFT SOLENOID "E" MALFUNCTION
Description of DTC code P0770
The automatic transmissions are combined with change solenoids. The quantity of these components depends on the internal gears. Their function is to control the movement of the transmission fluid between the different hydraulic circuits, to achieve the changes of ratio at the most suitable moment. Because of this process, a higher performance of the engine is obtained.
If a malfunction is detected in the "E" shifting solenoid circuit, different codes are activated which will depend on the vehicle model and transmission used. In the case of DTC code P0770 OBDII indicates a general malfunction in the "E" solenoid circuit.
Symptoms of fault code P0770
- Check Engine lighting.
- The transmission is overheated.
- A slide of the transmission.
- Lower fuel efficiency.
- The vehicle enters fail-safe mode.
Causes of OBD2 P0770
The reasons for setting the diagnostic code P0770 OBD2 are
- There may be contamination in the transmission fluid.
- The transmission fluid level may be below the required level.
- Maybe there are blockages in the transmission filter.
- The hydraulic passages may be blocked.
- The "E" change solenoid may be defective.
- Solenoid cables or connectors may be damaged.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0770
To solve the failures associated with the problem code P0770 OBDII, you must do the following:
- Check the Technical Service Bulletins. The manufacturer may know the solution.
- Verify that both the level and condition of the transmission fluid is adequate for proper system operation. Likewise, check that the transmission filter does not have elements that cause obstructions in it. Make the necessary corrections.
- Check the cables and respective connectors of the "E" shift solenoid and make sure that none of these are burned or worn. Repair or replace as needed.
- Change the "E" change solenoid.