P0758 - SHIFT SOLENOID B ELECTRICAL
Description of DTC code P0758
The gear solenoids manage the movement of the fluid between the several hydraulic circuits. In this way, the transmission ratio makes its changes at the required time. Thus, the engine performance level increases during the lowest possible rpm.
Symptoms of fault code P0758
- Check Engine lighting.
- Transmission reheating.
- The transmission slides.
- Higher fuel consumption.
- The vehicle goes into a flaccid mode.
Causes of OBD2 P0758
The reasons for storing the diagnostic code P0758 OBD2 are
- Insufficient transmission fluid level.
- Transmission fluid may be contaminated.
- Perhaps there are blockages in the transmission filter.
- The transmission valve body may be damaged.
- The cables or connectors of the B shift solenoid may be defective.
- Change solenoid B may be defective.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0758
The steps to follow for a correct diagnosis and repair of the faults associated with the error code P0758 OBDII are
- Check the Technical Service Bulletins (TSB) for your particular vehicle.
- Check that the transmission pressure is correct. Incorrect pressure occurs due to a low level of transmission fluid or contamination of the same. Make the necessary corrections.
- Check the wiring and connectors of the transmission. Make sure they are not burned, worn, or corroded. Repair or replace as necessary.
- By using a multimeter, make voltage checks on the system circuit and shift solenoid B. The data you get should be compared with the manufacturer's specifications. If there are differences between the actual values and those specified by the manufacturer, you should repair it as required.
- Replaces the change solenoid B.
- Check the transmission valve body. Repair if needed.