P0755 - SHIFT SOLENOID B MALFUNCTION
Description of DTC code P0755 Generic
The automatic transmissions are equipped with shift solenoids, which are controlled by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM). These contribute to the change of transmission fluid between the various hydraulic circuits. Their purpose is to get the most efficient gear changes. It should be noted that regardless of the number of transmission ratios, there is a solenoid for each ratio.
The setting of DTC code P0755 OBDII means that the PCM found a malfunction in the control circuit of gear shift solenoid B, indicating that the solenoid cannot control gear shifts efficiently.
Symptoms of fault code P0755 Generic
- The Check Engine light turns on.
- The transmission is overheated.
- A slide of the transmission.
- Higher fuel consumption.
- Symptoms of misfiring are present.
- The vehicle goes into a flaccid mode.
Causes of OBD2 P0755 Generic
The reasons for setting the problem code P0755 OBD2 are
- Transmission fluid may not be at the required level or may be dirty.
- Perhaps there are blockages in the transmission filter.
- There could be damage to the transmission valve body.
- The exchange solenoid may be defective.
- The system's connectors may be corroded or the cables may be in poor condition.
Possible solutions of the DTC code P0755 Generic
The steps to correct the faults associated with the error code P0755 OBDII are
- Check the level of the transmission fluid and verify that the condition of the fluid is as required. You must change the fluid if you determine that it is burned.
- Find the transmission wiring harness and check it for damage. You must repair or replace defective wires or connectors.
- Make resistance and continuity checks on the circuits associated with the solenoid. Compare with what is specified by the manufacturer, and if there are differences between the real values and those specified, you must make the respective repairs.
- Replace the change solenoid B.